Thursday, January 7, 2010

When Dreams Come True...

Have you ever had a dream come true? I don't mean you dream about going shopping and then the next day, you do. I mean had a true desire of your heart that you wanted with every fiber of your being for an extended period of time and then one day, it comes true! If you've experienced it then you are probably grinning from ear to ear just remembering how it felt.

As I was laying on my aerobed spending my first night in my newly purchased condo I was trying to remember if I'd ever had another dream that came true. I only remember two real, legit dreams I had before wanting to own a home. One was going Florida State, which I ended up giving up to be practical and go 'in state' to Purdue University. The second was to win a Super Bowl (well, my Dad to win one, me to be there) and that came true a few years ago. In fact, that may come true again this year! The jury is still out on that one.

Back to my point here. I was a somewhat ambitious child and when I really wanted something (which was practically daily) I found a way to acquire it. It took me until late in high school to ever want something big enough it took more than a week to achieve. And I tasted defeat for the first time when my dream of FSU fizzled out.

But life went on and I channeled that defeat into a successful four years at Purdue which I then turned into job offers in Tampa, where I had been dreaming of living. When I moved here I set a goal for myself (a dream, if you will) to become a Florida homeowner within my first two years here. And as of Dec 21st, less than two years after my move here - I am!

I am overwelmed with gratitude to my heavenly Father and my earthly father for their parts in helping this dream come true. This has been one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences of my life thus far and the journey has just begun.

For every situation I like to have scripture. Here are mine for my new life as a homeowner...

20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory! - Ephesians 3:20-21

15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

My hope for each of you is that you taste both victory and defeat in your lives so that you may find yourself, your need for faith, and a lifetime of grace! When your dreams come true remember to be grateful to the ones who got you here. And most of all, enjoy every day because no one is promised tomorrow.

Love,
B

3 comments:

  1. "No one has tomorrow". We should all live with that thought. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca! Thanks for visiting my blog and telling me your goals -- always motivating to hear what others are working towards. What is your book about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leaving a comment on my post!! So nice to meet you!

    And let me tell you that I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

 
20sb